Windows “We can’t verify who created this file” – SOLVED
If you try open exe file from network drive you can face error: “We can’t verify who created this file”, is is because network drive is not recognized as the trusted network place. You can add this network place to trusted sites.
- Select “Start“, then type “Internet Options“.
- Open “Internet Options“.
- Select the “Security” tab.
- Select “Local intranet“, then select the “Sites” button.
- Choose the “Advanced” button on the “Local intranet” dialog box that appears.
- Type the location of the file that produces the warning. The path could be a mapped network drive or a UNC path like “\\Server1”. In this case, my test.exe file was on the Z: drive. So I will type “Z:“, then press “Add“.
- The path may change once it’s added to the “Websites” box. This is normal behavior.
- Select “Close” > “OK” > “OK“.
Now you should be able to open any file from that location without receiving the “We can’t verify who created this file” error.